No, I am not talking about the latest book about marketing on Twitter or Facebook. I'm talking about fundamental business books. The books and authors that our dads read like Peter Drucker, Alfred Sloan, Napolean Hill and Dale Carnegie.
Sure, they're old news and management styles have changed, but even now I reread them to remember their brilliance and to remind myself how much I still have to learn when it comes to managing people, leading a team, and getting yourself organized. While most of these books are focused on large companies, the concepts and principles can still be applied to even a small company like Wildbit.
Here are some good ones I recommend:
- The Practice of Management by Peter Drucker.
- Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill.
- How to Win Friends & Influence People by Dale Carnegie.
- Swim with the Sharks Without Being Eaten Alive by Harvey Mackay.
- Innovation and Entrepreneurship by Peter Drucker.
- My Years with General Motors by Alfred P. Sloan.
What books are on your list?